The Day School at Baltimore Hebrew prepares children to thrive in a complex world. By cultivating academic excellence, values of progressive Judaism, physical well-being and spiritual growth. The school provides children kindergarten through 8th grade with a multifaceted foundation on which to build their lives.
To fulfill its mission, The Day School strives to:
- Create lifelong learners able to successfully adapt to the challenges of the 21st century.
- Uphold a standard of academic excellence that inspires confidence, exploration and creative expression through a rich and cohesive curriculum integrating general and Judaic studies.
- Internalize a moral obligation within students to recognize each person as unique and deserving of respect.
- Regard with reverence the world in which we live and teach students to accept responsibility for its preservation and protection.
- Be a welcoming community, opening doors to Jewish life, embracing society’s diversity of individuals and families, and respecting their beliefs and customs.
- Engage in the study and application of Torah as a living text, empowering students to confront issues in a complex and changing world within the framework of Reform Jewish teachings.
- Anchor students’ Jewish identities and sense of belonging to the Jewish people through their study of
- Modern Hebrew, Jewish history and Israeli culture.
- Encourage students to value moments of awe and wonder, loving relationships and the experiences of everyday life.
- Embody all these objectives throughout the school’s community programs, policies, and affairs.